Monday, June 16, 2008

What else

I just finished the first place of the month blog. Phew that was allot of work. I didn't even cover the surface, I think I took on a little too much with doing a whole country the first time out. Maybe next time I'll do a city or something.

There are so many things that I would love to do, but it seems like I don't have enough time to turn around. This is one thing that I've had on my list. Another is to catch up on some reading because I know that I will have no time whatsoever this fall. I want to get into a good book, and would love to have a book discussion. But that is something else that requires time. It's weird because I don't really feel like I'm doing anything but I still have so many unaccomplished things on my list. Here is part of it:
  • Read a couple really good books
  • Go through boxes in storage unit
  • Clean junk out of room
  • Pack up stuff for apartment
  • Fix intake on car
  • Find a job in Nashville
As you can probably tell from the list, I'm moving to Nashville! I'm excited about getting back down there because I love the city, but now that it's getting closer I'm starting to get nervous about moving out on my own. Thankfully my parents are there to help me, so I'm not jumping out there with no supports.

I am a planner. I like to plan everything out, and make lists and know about what is going to happen. I like to be prepared, and have some extras for cushion. My mom is just the opposite, she will jump into something and then look around to see if she landed OK. So, in preparing to go to Nashville and start school down there I would like to have most of what I need bought and packed up and ready to go. But she wants me to take what I have down there and then once I get moved in and settled see what I need and go from there. This is scaring the crap out of me. I'm afraid to be down there with nothing. I feel like if I don't get what I think I'll need before I get down there I'll be out of luck. I know she has told me that's not at all what she's thinking, but that is how I feel. Because it's not in a box in the garage with a label on it saying that it's gonna go to my apartment.

I know my mom will take care of it. I know that God will take care of me, but it's scaring me that there are so many unknowns. I don't like that, it's out of my comfort zone. But, I will just have to keep praying and trusting that God will work all of this out for me. He hasn't let me down yet, even though I let Him down all the time. Thank you God for being so steady and constant, in such a wobbly and twisted world. Amen

No comments: