Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Kitchen

So, I officially started packing yesterday. My mom went through all of her kitchen cupboards and pulled out all of my stuff, and old stuff of hers that she is giving to me. It filled up about half the kitchen table. It was kind of a weird feeling for me, with the splitting of the kitchen it kind of felt like what some people go through in a divorce; not that it was a bad situation but that we were going through stuff trying to figure out who bought what. Because I've bought several things through Pampered Chef parties, and other things. One funny thing was that my mom gave me an old liquid measuring cup, which through excessive use has lost all of the lines. So, the resourceful person that I am grabbed a permanent marker and drew them back on. It looks pretty cute, and kind of eclectic. I might even start a new line of country chic measuring utensils. What do you think? But, even through the big pile I'm kind of excited. I kept imagining myself in my little kitchen making something for a friend. It'll be neat to find my own style, and way of doing things once I have the room to do it in. I'm looking forward to getting it all set up, and kind of wish it would get here sooner.







Also, I got a new set of dishes thanks to my aunts who gave me a JCPenney's gift card. I went through them this weekend to make sure that none were broken and found that one of the dinner plates was broken in half. But, I called and they're shipping me a new one free of charge. The people were really nice, and for future reference if the invoice number is on the sticker on the box if there isn't any paperwork inside. Just wanna save you a call. Here are my new dishes!! Aren't they cute?!?!














And they will go with my Italian chef style kitchen. Taken from this painting by Jennifer Garant.

No comments: