Friday, March 13, 2009

(Not) Spring Break

Wow this week has flown by! But it has been a good break from all of the craziness. I had surgery on my knee on Tuesday the 10th. It was to repair a tear in my lateral meniscus. The surgery went really well, nothing has hurt very much. God has really stepped in on this whole process. I'm honestly really overwhelmed with how loving and nice everyone is being. I don't really feel like I deserve it. I'm more used to being the one that is taking care of everyone. I've not been a patient before. It really amazed me at how everyone wanted to pray over me at CR. I almost felt like a bigger deal was being made of it than was needed. But I'm so very thankful that everything went so well, so I have to believe that God answered their prayers. I've never heard of a recovery as quick as the one I'm having. 

So, some may not have thought this seemed like that great of a Spring break, but other than having one bad night of pain I've had a great break. I've spent the week reading and relaxing, and spending time with Katelyn. I have started a book that I've been meaning to read since Christmas. And I have spent time with some new friends that I'm really excited about getting to know. 

This may sound weird, but I'm thankful that this surgery was this week. It slowed me down so I could enjoy the things that I have been too busy too enjoy in a long time. I just wish it hadn't flown by.

1 comment:

laceylou said...

yay for new friends!