Sunday, August 23, 2009

Some guy told me today that some people aren't meant to get married. And that maybe I was one of them. If people weren't meant to get married then why did God make Eve in the first place?! Why did He make Adam a partner so He wouldn't be lonely if He didn't mean for them to be together?

This comment really hurt, b/c I want nothing more than to be a mom. I told him this, and he said why don't you adopt? I said b/c I want to be married first, I think my kids should have a dad.

Honestly, now that I think about it I wonder if that is just a defense mechanism so he won't feel so lonely. Or, is my saying that just a defense mechanism so I won't feel crappy about his comment?

What do you think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello--i wandered over here f/m lacy b.'s blog b/c i know most of the people on her list, and i looked at your profile and think we have lots and lots in common. don't let another person's opinion get you down. i think it's true that some people aren't meant to get married and paul addresses this issue some in 1 Cor. 7, but that is not something that anyone else can determine for you. just continue to pray that your deepest desires will line up with God's desire for your life and seek to be content in your relationship with Him. hope it gets better!